BiplaneApril 10, 2013 at 5:32 am | Posted in 1, Benefits, Family, Recreation, Senses, Treatment | 4 Comments
Tags: asperger, aspergers, aspie, aspies, biplane, fight, flying, gift, plane, sky, Tiger Moth
A fabulous gift for an aspie is a biplane flight.
Strapped snugly in the cockpit, with the pilot behind, you see the airstrip beckon.
When the engine fires, you feel every rod and tappet clanking away.
Takeoff is breathtakingly swift.
Once you’re aloft, the strut wires zing as the tiny craft surfs every zephyr.
But you don’t feel afraid.
The plane is over 90 years old. Statistically, if it were going to crash, it would’ve done so already.
Though linked to the pilot by headphones, the wind and noise dissuade chit-chat – freeing you to savour the journey alone.
As you gaze down at your past – mapped out in homes, schools, offices and parks – you may feel brief respite from life’s struggle.
And on your reluctant return to earth, you’ll very likely feel blessed that someone cared enough to grant you such a wonderful adventure.
Brought to you by The Feisty Empire.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
4 Comments »
- 17,064 hits
paulhassing on Imagine Julian Florance on Imagine paulhassing on Colouring-in paulhassing on Leaf